Advanced English Communication Skills
COURSESFull-time English Courses
Advanced English Communication Skills (AECS) is designed to challenge students with advanced language skills to strengthen their speaking and listening abilities. Students must meet course entry requirements to apply.
- Improve their ability to understand native speakers
- Improve the accuracy and fluency of their pronunciation
- Increase their vocabulary and knowledge of common English phrases
- Refine their ability to use English grammar accurately
- Expand their general knowledge of world issues and current events
- Understand a range of real-world listening and reading materials
- Write extensively and creatively on topics of interest.
- Integrated Skills
Development of speaking, listening and grammar skills.
- Advanced Reading Skills
Outcomes include improved reading speed, increased reading fluency and increased vocabulary.
- Advanced Writing Skills
Planning and writing complex tasks
- News and World Affairs
Newspapers, magazines, the Internet, TV and radio are used to develop listening, reading and discussion skills.
- Project Work
The class works together to write and produce a group project.This class is particularly useful for building confidence in using English and improving pronunciation.
- Film Appreciation
By watching short film segments or one film over the course, students develop their listening skills and their ability to discuss films in depth.
Assessment & Certification
|Advanced (CEFR C1)|
IELTS: 5.5 (Speaking & Listening: 6; Reading & Writing: 5)
|*or equivalent as determined by ICTE-UQ. All students are tested on their first day at ICTE-UQ to determine their course and class level.|
|Duration||5 or 10 weeks|
|Tuition||20 hours face-to-face classes and five hours of SKILL-UP directed self-access learning each week|